St. John’s Medical College is a private religious minority medical college and hospital situated in Bangalore, India. The college is part of the St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences run by the Catholic Bishop Conference of India It was established in 1963. The college annually accepts 150 students for the MBBS undergraduate course based on a national entrance exam. It also accepts 100 postgraduate students (80 MD & 20 Diploma) to a number of medical specialties. St. John’s Medical College is one of the best medical college in India, the college is ranked 12th on the NIRF’s rank of best medical college in India.
St. John’s Medical College -Admission and Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Age– Applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31, 2020.
- Academic qualifications-Applicants must have passed class 12 from any recognized board or university with English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as subjects, candidates need to score 50% marks are required for general category candidates while SC/ST/OBC candidates require 45% to apply for the exam.
- Nationality-Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Qualifying entrances-Candidates need to appear for the St. John’s MBBS entrance test/NEET and score qualifying cutoff for admissions at St. John’s Medical College. Candidates appearing for equivalent qualifying exam are also eligible.
St. John’s Medical College-At a Glance
|Full Name of College||St. John’s Medical College|
|Institute aid||Catholic Bishop Conference of India|
|Affiliation||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Accreditation||Medical Council of India|
St. John’s Medical College-Admission process
- For admission to St. John’s Medical College courses, candidates needs to appear for the NEET exam 2020, and shall have scored good to be in the merit list of the college.
- All the students who qualify all the eligibility criteria for admission to St. John’s Medical College MBBS Programs, like Entrance tests, minimum score and cutoff etc shall apply for admissions to the institute through the official website.
- Students scoring a minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST) marks will be considered qualified. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective St. John’s Medical College to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the respective institute
- Based on the result of all the candidates and nature of entrance, cutoff list will be decided and hence students qualifying the decided cutoff list will be selected for the programs at the college
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any Medical College related query or searching best Medical colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like NEET etc.