SRM Institute of Science and Technology-Chennai ranks 22 on the nirf list of best medical colleges in India.
SRM Institute of Science and Technology-Chennai is one of the best medical institutes in India, SRM is a deemed university. It was founded in 1985 as SRM Engineering College in Kattankulathur, under University of Madras. SRM Institute of Science and Technology includes six campuses, three in Tamil Nadu — Kattankulathur, Ramapuram and Vadapalani one in Delhi, one in Sikkim and one in Amravati. It became SRM University in 2006 following permission by the UGC for ‘Deemed to be Universities’ to be called ‘Universities. In 2017 it was renamed back as SRM Institute of Science and Technology. SRM Institute of Science and Technology-Chennai ranks 22 on the nirf list of best medical colleges in India.
SRM Institute of Science and Technology-Chennai-Admission and Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Age– Applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31, 2020.
- Academic qualifications-Applicants must have passed class 12 from any recognized board or university with English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as subjects, candidates need to score 50% marks are required for general category candidates while SC/ST/OBC candidates require 45% to apply for the exam.
- Nationality-Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Qualifying entrances-Candidates need to appear for the SRM Institute of Science and Technology MBBS entrance test/NEET and score qualifying cutoff for admissions at SRM Institute of Science and Technology. Candidates appearing for equivalent qualifying exam are also eligible.
SRM Institute of Science and Technology -At a Glance
|Full Name of College||SRM Institute of Science and Technology|
|Institute aid||SRM Institute of Science and Technology|
|Affiliation||SRM Institute of Science and Technology|
|Accreditation||Medical Council of India|
SRM Institute of Science and Technology-Courses ad Fees
SRM Institute of Science and Technology offers 10+ courses in the medical field including bachelors and masters program.
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery-MBBS
Total Fees-Approx 1.12 Crores
- Bachelor of Dental Sciences-BDS
Total Fees-Approx 25 Lakhs
SRM Institute of Science and Technology-Admission Process
- For admission to SRM Institute of Science and Technology courses, candidates needs to appear for the NEET exam 2020, and shall have scored good to be in the merit list of the college.
- All the students who qualify all the eligibility criteria for admission to SRM Institute of Science and Technology Programs, like Entrance tests, minimum score and cutoff etc shall apply for admissions to the institute through the official website.
- Students scoring a minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST) marks will be considered qualified. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective SRM Institute of Science and Technology to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the respective institute
- Based on the result of all the candidates and nature of entrance, cutoff list will be decided and hence students qualifying the decided cutoff list will be selected for the programs at the college
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any Medical College related query or searching best Medical colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like NEET etc.