Sanjay Gandhi postgraduate institute of medical sciences-Lucknow ranks 4th on the nirf list of best medical colleges in India
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences is a medical institute under state legislature Act, the college was named after Sanjay Gandhi, son of Indira Gandhi. SGPIMS-Lucknow was established in 1983, the college is considered as one of thebest medical colleges in India. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences is accredited by medical council of India and AIU. The Institute offers DM, M. Ch, MD, PhD, post-doctoral fellowships and post-doctoral certificate courses, and senior residency in various specialties. Sanjay Gandhi postgraduate institute of medical sciences-Lucknow ranks 4th on the nirf list of best medical colleges in India, and it offers only post graduate medical courses and Undergraduate course of B. Sc. Nursing of 4 years.
Sanjay Gandhi postgraduate institute of medical sciences-Lucknow-Eligibility and admission Criteria
- Age Criteria-The minimum age required for the graduate program (B. Sc. Nursing) is no more than 17 years and shall not be more than 25 years of age at the time of admissions in the UG program at SGPIMS-Lucknow.
- Academic qualifications-All the interested candidates applying to Post graduate programs in SGPIMS-Lucknow must have completed their bachelor in medicine degree from a recognized institute and shall have score the cutoff level asked for admissions at SGPIMS-Lucknow, and likewise for the UG courses at the institute a candidate must have passed class 12th from a recognized board with PCB as their primary subjects, scoring at least 50% aggregate marks.
- Nationality-Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Qualifying entrances-Candidates need to appear for NEET PG entrance test which is held every year for selecting candidates in various PG courses in medical field available in the country. Sanjay Gandhi postgraduate institute of medical sciences-Lucknow accepts UG and PG admissions on the basis of their NEET score only, UG students need to take NEET UG entrance test and on the other hand PG aspirants shall have taken the NEET PG entrance test for admissions at the SGPIMS-Lucknow.
Sanjay Gandhi postgraduate institute of medical sciences-Lucknow -At a Glance
|Full Name of College||Sanjay Gandhi postgraduate institute of medical sciences|
|Accreditation||Medical Council of India|
Sanjay Gandhi postgraduate institute of medical sciences-Lucknow-Admission process
- All the interested candidates who are interested in programs at the SGPIMS-Lucknow must have taken the NEET entrance test, the candidates applying to UG courses at the SGPIMS-Lucknow must have taken NEET UG entrance test while the candidates applying for PG courses at the college shall take NEET PG entrance test.
- All the students who qualify all the eligibility criteria for admission to SGPIMS-Lucknow Programs, like Entrance tests, minimum score and cutoff etc shall apply for admissions will be called for counseling for the list of programs in the college.
- Students scoring a minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST) marks in 12th standard will be considered qualified for UG courses. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective SGPIMS-Lucknow to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the institute.
- Based on the result of all the candidates and nature of entrance, cutoff list will be decided and hence students qualifying the decided cutoff list will be selected for the programs at the college
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any Medical College related query or searching best Medical colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like NEET etc.