Post graduate institute of medical education and research ranks 2nd on the nirf list of best medical colleges in India.
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) is a medical and research institution in Chandigarh, Haryana. It has educational, medical research, and training facilities for its students, the institute is considered as one of the best medical colleges in India. Post graduate institute of medical education and research abbreviated as PGIMER Chandigarh was established in 1962 which provides autonomous medical degrees. PGIMER, Chandigarh is governed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Act, 1967. PGIMER Chandigarh provides only post graduate and post doctoral programs in various fields of medicine; the college holds a countrywide entrance test for inviting students to the PG diploma and PG programs.
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research-Chandigarh-Eligibility and Admission Criteria
- Academic qualifications-All the interested candidates applying to Post graduate programs in PGIMER Chandigarh must have completed their bachelor in medicine degree from a recognized institute and shall have score the cutoff level asked for admissions at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research.
- Nationality-Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Qualifying entrances-Candidates need to appear for the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research MBBS entrance test which is held every year by inviting applications through college and score qualifying cutoff for admissions at PGIMER Chandigarh. It is to be noted that PGIMER Chandigarh accepts admissions only through their own entrance test conducted twice a year.
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research -At a Glance
|Full Name of College||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research|
|Accreditation||Medical Council of India|
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research-Chandigarh-Courses and Fees
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research offers 55 courses in the field of medical in various specializations.
- Masters in Public Health
Total Fees-Approx 7500
- M. Ch. In Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
Total Fees-Approx 7400
Duration- 3 Years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health Management
Total Fees-Approx 4500
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research-Chandigarh-Admission Process
- For admission to Christian Medical College courses, candidates needs to appear for the PGIMER entrance exam which is held twice a year, and shall have scored enough to be in the merit list of the college.
- All the students who qualify all the eligibility criteria for admission to PGIMER Programs, like Entrance tests, minimum score and cutoff etc shall apply for admissions will be called for counseling for the list of programs in the college.
- Students scoring a minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST) marks will be considered qualified. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective PGIMER Chandigarh to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the institute.
- Based on the result of all the candidates and nature of entrance, cutoff list will be decided and hence students qualifying the decided cutoff list will be selected for the programs at the college.
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any Medical College related query or searching best Medical colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like NEET etc.