Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) is a medical college in New Delhi. The college is affiliated to University of Delhi and run by the Delhi Government. It is named after Indian freedom fighter and first education minister of independent India Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. It was established in 1959 at Bahadur Zafar Marg near Old Delhi. The college’s founding stone was laid back in 1936 under British India when Martin Melvin Curickshank was appointed to form a medical college in Old Delhi campus, but was interrupted due to the Second World War. Maulana Azad Medical College is one of the best medical colleges in India, the college ranks 14th on the NIRF list of best medical college in India.
Maulana Azad Medical College-Eligibility and Admission Criteria
- Minimum Age– Applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31, 2020.
- Academic qualifications-Applicants must have passed class 12 from any recognized board or university with English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as subjects, candidates need to score 50% marks are required for general category candidates while SC/ST/OBC candidates require 45% to apply for the exam.
- Nationality-Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Qualifying entrances-Candidates need to appear for the Maulana Azad Medical College MBBS entrance test/NEET and score qualifying cutoff for admissions at MAMC. Candidates appearing for equivalent qualifying exam are also eligible.
Maulana Azad Medical College-At a Glance
|Full Name of College||Maulana Azad Medical College|
|Institute aid||Government Aided|
|Affiliation||University of Delhi|
|Accreditation||Medical Council of India|
Maulana Azad Medical College-Admission Process
- For admission to Maulana Azad Medical College courses, candidates needs to appear for the NEET exam 2020, and shall have scored good to be in the merit list of the college.
- All the students who qualify all the eligibility criteria for admission to Maulana Azad Medical College MBBS Programs, like Entrance tests, minimum score and cutoff etc shall apply for admissions to the institute through the official website.
- Students scoring a minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST) marks will be considered qualified. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective Maulana Azad Medical College to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the respective institute
- Based on the result of all the candidates and nature of entrance, cutoff list will be decided and hence students qualifying the decided cutoff list will be selected for the programs at the college
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any Medical College related query or searching best Medical colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like NEET etc.