King George’s Medical University, formerly Chatrapathi Shahuji Maharaj Medical University, is a medical school located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. It came into being after the upgrade of King George’s Medical College (established in 1911) into a university by an act passed by the government of Uttar Pradesh in 2002. KGMU offers MBBS, MD, MS and BDS courses with a total of approx 1200 seats. King George’s Medical University-Lucknow is accredited by the Medical Council of India. King George’s Medical University accepts admissions on the basis of NEET, which is the national level entrance test for medical education.
KGMU-Admission and Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Age– Applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31, 2020.
- Academic qualifications-Applicants must have passed class 12 from any recognized board or university with English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as subjects, candidates need to score 50% marks are required for general category candidates while SC/ST/OBC candidates require 45% to apply for the exam.
- Nationality-Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Qualifying entrances-Candidates need to appear for the KGMU MBBS entrance test/NEET and score qualifying cutoff for admissions at King George’s Medical University. Candidates appearing for equivalent qualifying exam are also eligible.
King George’s Medical University-At a Glance
|Full Name of College||King George’s Medical University|
|Institute aid||Government Aided, (State Government)|
|Affiliation||King George’s Medical University|
|Accreditation||Medical Council of India|
King George’s Medical University-Admission Process
- For admission to King George’s Medical University courses, candidates need to appear for the NEET exam 2020 and shall have scored well to be in the merit list of the college.
- All the students who qualify all the eligibility criteria for admission to King George’s Medical University MBBS Programs, like Entrance tests, minimum score, and cutoff, etc shall apply for admissions to the institute through the official website.
- Students scoring a minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST) marks will be considered qualified. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective King George’s Medical University to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the respective institute.
- Based on the result of all the candidates and nature of entrance, the cutoff list will be decided and hence students qualifying the decided cutoff list will be selected for the programs at the college
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any Medical College Related query or searching the best Medical colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Puneplease must check Edumyra. Also, we are here to give all the info on exams like NEET etc.