Kasturba Medical College-Manipal ranks 7th on the NIRF list of bets medical college in India.
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (KMC) is a medical college based in Manipal, Karnataka. Established by T. M.A Pai in 1953, KMC was the first self-financing medical college in India. Today, students from 44 countries have graduated from KMC, and the medical degree (MBBS) is recognized worldwide, including by the General Medical Council and Malaysian Medical Council among several others. KMC was under the aegis of Mangalore University. In 1993, the government of India granted Deemed University status to Manipal University (formerly known as MAHE) which saw KMC coming under its wing.
KMC-Manipal-Admission and Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Age– Applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31, 2020.
- Academic qualifications-Applicants must have passed class 12 from any recognized board or university with English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as subjects, candidates need to score 50% marks are required for general category candidates while SC/ST/OBC candidates require 45% to apply for the exam.
- Nationality-Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Qualifying entrances-Candidates need to appear for the KMC-Manipal Medical entrance test/NEET and score qualifying cutoff for admissions at KMC-Manipal. Candidates appearing for equivalent qualifying exam are also eligible.
KMC-Manipal -At a Glance
|Full Name of College||Kasturba Medical College-Manipal|
|Institute aid||Privately Owned under the umbrella of Manipal University|
|Accreditation||Medical Council of India|
Kasturba Medical College-Manipal-Admission process
- All the students who qualify all the eligibility criteria for admission to Kasturba Medical College-Manipal MBBS Programs, like Entrance tests, minimum score, and cutoff, etc shall apply for admissions to the institute through the official website.
- Students scoring a minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST) marks will be considered qualified. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective Kasturba Medical College-Manipal to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the respective institute
- Based on the result of all the candidates and nature of entrance, the cutoff list will be decided and hence students qualifying the decided cutoff list will be selected for the programs at the college
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any Medical College-related query or searching the best Medical colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Top MBBS Colleges in Delhi, Bangalore, karnataka, Lucknow India. Also, we are here to give all the info on exams like NEET etc.