JSS Medical College-Mysuru (Mysore) functions under JSS Academy of Education and Research (Deemed to be University). The college is a prestigious medical college located in Mysore. The graduate and post-graduate programs of the college are recognized by the Medical Council of India. The courses offered are also recognized by General Medical Council (UK) Sri Lanka Medical Council and WHO. After the formation of JSS University (Established under Section-3 of UGC Act), JSS Medical College became a constituent college of the JSS University (now JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research-JSSAHER) from the Academic year 2008-2009.
JSS Medical College-Admission and Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Age– Applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31, 2020.
- Academic qualifications-Applicants must have passed class 12 from any recognized board or university with Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths as optional subjects from Board of Karnataka OR any other examination recognized as equivalent by the Mysore University / Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka. All candidates need to score 50% marks are required for general category candidates while SC/ST/OBC candidates require 40% to apply for the exam.
- Nationality-Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Qualifying entrances-Candidates need to appear for the JSS Medical College MBBS entrance test/NEET and score qualifying cutoff for admissions at JSS Medical College. Candidates appearing for equivalent qualifying exam are also eligible.
JSS Medical College-At a Glance
|Full Name of College||JSS Medical College|
|Institute aid||JSS Academy of Education and Research|
|Affiliation||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Accreditation||Medical Council of India|
JSS Medical School-Courses and Fees
JSS Medical College offers courses in the field of bachelor and postgraduate medical criteria.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
Total Fees-Approx 36 Lakhs
- Doctorate of Medicine
Total Fees-Approx 13.2 Lakhs
- Master of Surgery
Total Fees-Approx 34 Lakhs
JSS Medical College-Admission Process
- For admission to JSS Medical College courses, candidates needs to appear for the NEET exam 2020, and shall have scored good to be in the merit list of the college.
- All the students who qualify all the eligibility criteria for admission to JSS Medical College MBBS Programs, like Entrance tests, minimum score and cutoff etc shall apply for admissions to the institute through the official website.
- Students scoring a minimum of 50% (40% for SC/ST) marks will be considered qualified. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective JSS Medical College to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the respective institute.
- Based on the result of all the candidates and nature of entrance, cutoff list will be decided and hence students qualifying the decided cutoff list will be selected for the programs at the college
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any Medical College related query or searching best Medical colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like NEET etc.