Jawaharlal Nehru medical college is the medical wing of AMU and is ranked 13th on the nirf ranking of best medical colleges in India.
Jawaharlal Nehru medical college is the constituent of the Aligarh Muslim University which is one of the best universities of India. JNMC came into existence through the vision of Dr. Sir Ziauddin Ahmed, who saw the need of a medical college under the Aligarh Muslim University. Jawaharlal Nehru medical college is affiliated with Aligarh Muslim University and MCI. JNMC was established in 1962 and is considered one of the best medical institutes in India since then. JNMC offers medical courses such as MBBS, MD, MS and DCH which are affiliated with AMU and accredited under MCI. Jawaharlal Nehru medical college is ranked 13th on the nirf ranking of best medical colleges in India.
Jawaharlal Nehru medical college-Eligibility and Admission Criteria
- Minimum Age– Applicants interested in medical programs at Jawaharlal Nehru medical college must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31, 2020.
- Academic qualifications-Applicants must have passed class 12 from any recognized board or university with English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as subjects, candidates need to score 50% marks are required for general category candidates while SC/ST/OBC candidates require 45% to apply for the exam.
- Nationality-Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Qualifying entrances-Candidates need to appear for the Jawaharlal Nehru medical college MBBS entrance test criteria which are NEET and score qualifying cutoff for admissions at the medical institute. Candidates appearing for equivalent qualifying exam are also eligible.
Jawaharlal Nehru medical college -At a Glance
|Full Name of College||Jawaharlal Nehru medical college-Aligarh Muslim University|
|Affiliation||Aligarh Muslim University|
|Accreditation||Medical Council of India|
Jawaharlal Nehru medical college-Aligarh Muslim University-Admission Process
- For admission to Jawaharlal Nehru medical college courses, candidates needs to appear for the NEET exam 2020, and shall have scored good to be in the merit list of the college.
- All the students who qualify all the eligibility criteria for admission to Jawaharlal Nehru medical college MBBS Programs, like Entrance tests, minimum score and cutoff etc shall apply for admissions to the institute through the official website.
- Students scoring a minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST) marks will be considered qualified. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective Jawaharlal Nehru medical college to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the respective institute.
- Based on the result of all the candidates and nature of entrance, cutoff list will be decided and hence students qualifying the decided cutoff list will be selected for the programs at the college.
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any Medical College related query or searching best Medical colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like NEET etc.