Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research ranks 8th on the nirf list of best medical college in India.
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research-Pondicherry is one of the best medical institutes in India, the college is also been granted the status of institute of eminence and a tertiary care referral hospital that is under the direct administrative control of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India with autonomy to run its internal administration. Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research was established in 1823 by the French colonist with the title of Ecole De Medicine. JIPMER admissions are based on the JIPMER Entrance Exam, conducted online across various centers in India.
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research-Admission and Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Age– Applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31, 2020.
- Academic qualifications-Applicants must have passed class 12 from any recognized board or university with English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as subjects, candidates need to score 50% marks are required for general category candidates while SC/ST/OBC candidates require 45% to apply for the exam.
- Nationality-Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Qualifying entrances-For admission to all the graduate and post graduate courses, Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research conducts entrance test of their own every year which attracts Lakhs of medical students every year, the tests is simply known as JIPMER-2020.
Christian Medical College -At a Glance
|Full Name of College||Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research|
|Institute aid||Government Aided|
|Affiliation||Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (Institute of National Importance)|
|Accreditation||Medical Council of India|
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research-Entrance test-At a Glance
- JIPMER-2020 will be conducted in online mode in different centers across India
- The duration of the exam is 2½ hours (Two Hours and Thirty Minutes).
- The Examination shall be conducted in English medium only.
- The question paper consists of 200 multiple-choice questions.
- There is no negative marking in this exam and one mark was given for each correct response.
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research-Admission Process
- For admission to JIPMER courses, candidates needs to appear for the NEET exam 2020, and shall have scored good to be in the merit list of the college.
- All the students who qualify all the eligibility criteria for admission to JIPMER MBBS Programs, like Entrance tests, minimum score and cutoff etc shall apply for admissions to the institute through the official website.
- Students scoring a minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST) marks will be considered qualified. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective JIPMER to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the respective institute.
- Based on the result of all the candidates and nature of entrance, cutoff list will be decided and hence students qualifying the decided cutoff list will be selected for the programs at the college.
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any Medical College related query or searching best Medical colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like NEET etc.