Institute of Medical Sciences of Banaras Hindu University is one of the best Medical college in India, ranking 6th in the NIRF list of best medical colleges in India.
The Institute of Medical Sciences of Banaras Hindu University comprises of 3 faculties which are faculty of medicine, faculty of Dental Sciences and faculty of Ayurveda. The Institute of Medical Sciences is the medical school of the university. Like other institutions forming BHU, it is residential and co-educational. Institute of Medical Sciences was established in 1960 in the initiative of K. N. Udupa. Recently, the college was upgraded to the status of AIIMS under the Pradhan Mantri Swastha Suraksha Yojana. Institute of Medical Sciences of Banaras Hindu University is one of the best Medical college in India, ranking 6th in the NIRF list of best medical colleges in India.
Institute of Medical Sciences-BHU-Eligibility and Admission Criteria
- Minimum Age– Applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31, 2020.
- Academic qualifications-Applicants must have passed class 12 from any recognized board or university with English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as subjects, candidates need to score 50% marks are required for general category candidates while SC/ST/OBC candidates require 45% to apply for the exam.
- Nationality-Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Qualifying entrances-Candidates need to appear for the Institute of Medical Sciences-BHU MBBS entrance test/NEET and score qualifying cutoff for admissions at IMS BHU. Candidates appearing for equivalent qualifying exam are also eligible.
Institute of Medical Sciences-BHU-At a Glance
|Full Name of College||Institute of Medical Sciences-Banaras Hindu University|
|Institute aid||Central University|
|Affiliation||Banaras Hindu University|
|Accreditation||Medical Council of India|
Institute of Medical Sciences-BHU-Admission Process
- For admission to Institute of Medical Sciences-BHU courses, candidates needs to appear for the NEET exam 2020, and shall have scored good to be in the merit list of the college.
- All the students who qualify all the eligibility criteria for admission to Institute of Medical Sciences-BHU MBBS Programs, like Entrance tests, minimum score and cutoff etc shall apply for admissions to the institute through the official website.
- Students scoring a minimum of 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST) marks will be considered qualified. Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained. Selected candidates should report to the respective Institute of Medical Sciences-BHU to undergo a medical examination by a medical board consisting of faculty members set up by the respective institute
- Based on the result of all the candidates and nature of entrance, cutoff list will be decided and hence students qualifying the decided cutoff list will be selected for the programs at the college
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any Medical College related query or searching best Medical colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like NEET etc.